DIY Sugar Scrub
Never spend money on scrub again and make these easy and natural sugar scrubs to use for your lips, face and body.
DIY Face Charcoal Scrub
#SugarScrub #Sugar #Charcoal #Scrub #OliveOil
- 2 Cups Fine White Sugar or Brown Sugar
- ⅔ Cup Sweet Almond Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Raw Honey
- Zest of 1 Large Lemon
- Juice of 1 Large Lemon
- 1.Measure 2 cups of fine white sugar or brown sugar. Sugar is the exfoliant which is good for your skin. It helps your skin retain moisture. You want to use a very fine grain like classic white sugar or brown sugar. Brown sugar is best for sensitive skin because of its softness.
- 2.Measure ⅔ cup of Sweet Almond Oil. Sweet Almond Oil is soothing to your skin and contains Vitamin E. It is an excellent oil after a long winter and can help dry skin. It is also antibacterial. Sweet Almond Oil gives your body moisture without clogging your pores. The acid from the lemon helps keep your skin from remaining oily after you wash the scrub away.
- 3.Add 4 Tablespoons of Raw Honey. The raw honey adds a balance to this sugar scrub. It contains strong anti-bacterial properties, is a moisturizer and helps neutralize your skins pH levels.
- 4.Prepare the lemon zest and don’t forget to zest the lemon before you obtain the juice. After you add the zest, then add the lemon juice. The lemon zest adds the incredibly refreshing smell. The lemon juice is acidic but worth it because it is high in vitamin C. It is an astringent in this sugar scrub recipe. There are several benefits of lemon juice in this sugar scrub which include: lightening scars, evening your complexion, tightening & brightening skin
- 5.Mix all ingredients thoroughly and gently. Each glass jar should have a lid. Carefully fill each jar with your DIY Sugar Scrub.
- 6.The DIY Sugar Scrub does contain real food and no preservatives so the shelf life is less than what you would purchase online or in a store. Keeping your sugar scrub in the refrigerator will extend its shelf life.
- 7.This refreshing smelling DIY Sugar Scrub is terrific to keep for yourself or to make extra and give as an affordable and thoughtful sugar scrub gift for a Teacher Appreciation Gift or Mother’s Day! Use a decorative jar, add a label and beautiful ribbon, and you’ve got an excellent gift that someone will enjoy to pamper themselves.